Nutrition and Wellness Services
Ask Us About Our Advanced Nutrigenomic Testing!
What is Nutrigenomics?
The scientific study of individualized genetics and nutrition is known as nutritional genomics or “nutrigenomics.” Nutrigenomic testing accurately identifies each patients’ genetic protein variations to identify sites of metabolic weakness. These key proteins are involved in enzyme conversion, nutritional delivery and signaling pathways in the cell. Our expert physicians have designed a genetic panel that evaluates 26 of the most common, research backed single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) that can affect a patient’s ability to regain and maintain their metabolic functionality. Abnormalities in specific polymorphisms can negatively affect many physiological and metabolic processes. Overcoming these metabolic weaknesses with the right supplement allows each patient to overcome their genetic weaknesses (SNPs) and maintain optimal health.
The focus is on the carefully targeted 26 genetic variants (polymorphisms or SNP’s), which were found in research to have a significant impact on the body’s metabolic pathways, meaning that they participate in the absorption and metabolism of nutrients, detoxifying mechanisms, the functioning of immune system and a tendency toward certain diseases and health issues.
Why Should I Have A Nutrigenomic Test Done?
A Genomic SNP is like a crack in the foundation of a bridge. …What if we could reinforce the cracks? Having knowledge of where the cracks are in our foundation, would tell us where not to put the most stress. Genetic variants are more common than we realize:
- More than 75% of all patients have significant genetic variations (SNPs) in the most important nutritional metabolism pathways.
- Millions of patients expend their valuable income on nutritional supplements without knowledge or scientific proof of nutritional need or benefit.
- Without genetic validation of enzyme function, many supplements are not effectively delivered at the cellular level, therefore, the patient can be wasting time and money with nutritional ingredients that have little to no benefit.
A Genomix Nutrition test can help a patient achieve a level of confidence is the nutritional products they choose by:
- Determining your unique nutritional needs based upon the DNA analysis of 26 SNPs in 5 key metabolic areas
- Providing you with the nutritional supplement/s needed for each specific genetic polymorphism (SNP)
- Taking the “guesswork” out of complex biochemical pathways that may hinder nutritional delivery
- Suggesting compressed formula options for better delivery and overall cost effectiveness
For more information listen to the podcast below, or visit our website at www.HopeChiropractic-nbestore.com
Targeted Nutritional Therapy
We offer targeted nutritional therapy, with a focus on supporting the body’s natural processes from the inside out. All of the supplements that we use are highly researched and specially formulated for each person’s needs. They are all pure, natural, and allergen-free formulas, from companies such as Designs for Health, Thorne Research, Neurobiologix, Standard Process, and NuMedica.
If you would like to schedule a free 15 minute nutritional consultation with Dr. Jill to see if targeted nutritional therapy is right for you, please contact our office at 817-656-4760.